Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sudden Loss of Relationships

Like other people on the planet, I have a history. In my personal history I have come to realize that I have lost contact with others suddenly and inextricably. These people simply stopped speaking to me; they refuse to answer or return my phone calls, eMails or text messages. Recently a relative blocked me from her facebook page. In a few of those instances, I am aware that I said or did something that could explain the sudden cessation of conversation and interaction, but in others, I have no idea why the other person suddenly stopped speaking to me.

I have also cut off communication with other people during my lifetime. However, I've never just suddenly stopped speaking to those people, I've always let them know, in some form, why it was that I was severing contact with them. I find it to be better if I am courteous and responsible by letting them know what it is they've done or said that caused me to no longer want to have interaction with them, while I desire the same respect and consideration from others.

In almost every instance of someone suddenly ceasing to communicate with me, I have left voicemails, eMails or sent letters asking them to please let me know what it was that I did to cause them to suddenly cease communications, yet in nearly every instance, my request for information was ignored. I simply cannot understand why someone would cease communication without letting the other person know why. Especially when the offender asks to know so they can avoid that situation in the future.

I've also asked, no I've begged, forgiveness from those people even though I've no idea what it is I'm asking to be forgiven for. To say I feel extremely offended by their refusal to tell me what I did would be understatement, but the idea of forgiveness being sought and rejected is even further outside my realm of understanding.

Maybe one day I'll learn what it is about me that causes people to just walk out of my life with no explanation. After all, it's been happening to me since I was a mere four years old, so I really should be close to knowing what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment